Miriam is a nutrition professional specializing in the use of the Ketogenic Diet for cancer and other metabolic diseases. She has a passion for helping others implement this diet, which comes directly from her personal experience. In 2004, her 4-year old son Raffi was diagnosed with a brain tumor; standard care therapies failed to stop the relentless progression of his disease, which made her realize she needed to switch gears and find other options.
In this episode, discover how Miriam offers hope to cancer patients with the Ketogenic diet, and learn the potential Keto diet offers to bring quality of life to cancer patients and their families. Also, learn about the challenges of the conventional cancer community and why they resist Keto and other nutritional therapies.
Check out these episode highlights:
- 02:10 - Miriam’s family’s personal journey against cancer with the Ketogenic diet
- 05:45 - Stumbling upon Dr. Seyfried and his book Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer
- 12:16 - Targeted therapy
- 13:43 - What motivated her to write Keto for Cancer
- 15:48 - Importance of meal composition, the Keton- glucose index
- 17:16 - Her advocacy to spread hope to fight cancer with the Ketogenic diet
- 18:13 - Ketogenic diet as a cure to other diseases
- 21:52 - The unique power of short fasts immediately before and after conventional treatment
- 26:43 - Keton supplements
- 29:58 - What’s next for Miriam after her TED talk experience
- 33:38 - Her advice to cancer patients and their families
- 36:40 - Mariam’s son’s cancer journey
Share the showDid you enjoy the show? We would love it if you: #1-SUBSCRIBED today and #2-left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Too Busy To Eat
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’